Friday, June 26, 2009

Was off this morning on a trip to help a friend whose truck broke down about 50 miles from town. I was glad for the opportunity to be alone and listen to music (loud) and think/pray about some stuff...like my tendency to be selfish...my tendency to be weak...and well, sinful.

So after picking up the needed parts in town (8 stores later), dropped off some Tylenol and malaria meds for a friend i headed out to "da socoro", (give rescue) to my buddy. Wasn't bad and my last repair on my car seems to be holding up! We managed to get his rear brakes back working to some degree (minus a few non essential parts)and he was on his way home to his new baby and wife in Malawi.

But what stuck me as i drove home, dodging pot holes and at times driving completely off the road...was the same grace which saved me from eternal damnation and separation from God is available for me every moment of this life. Hmm. The same love i was shown when i accepted Christ as my savior is available for me to show others...daily. Moment by moment...tot he beggars and the 30 kids gathered around us as we worked on his car along the road.


The same grace. The same love. The same peace. Wow. This was quite a revelation for me. We (who call ourselves Christians) talk about the great love of God which saves us. We talk about the grace which He so freely bestows on us...while yet sinners...Yet daily we live as if we are on our own again. Again and again and again we live as if the grace and love and (dare i say) power of God only applies to our conversion 9moment of acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior) but not our sanctification (the daily working out of Him as our Lord and Savior). We are a strange breed are we not?

So this also jumps back to my worst kind of love...in that, alone, in our own strength and power we are pitiful. I am a disaster. Yes, you are too. Sorry. But it is true. But with believing and accepting that to love this world with His power, with His love and with His grace...well....

There is no telling what will happen.


Go change your world brothers and sisters. Start with the first person you meet, and love them.

No comments: